Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

new year | 2014

Well I guess I have been slacking in the blogging department.  No-one's fault but my own.  I can blame it on the craziness of the holidays, but the truth is I haven't really been in the mood for creating anything the past few weeks.  But I am back, and have been a little busy sewing my little fingers to the bone the last few days.  I am exciteted to be sewing again, and I love seeing a piece of fabric turn into a beautiful and useable item.  I also like the fact that sewing calms me, and distracts me from the woes of the world.

The first project I started was pinwheel blocks.  I was watching quilting tutorial videos on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's You Tube page, and I saw a great video on how to create a pinwheel block from a charm pack.  It looked easy and fun, and I had the perfect charm pack amongst my stash to try it out - "Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille for Moda".
Well they weren't kidding at the Missouri Star Quilt Company when they said the blocks would be easy.  I had a blast making them, and couldn't stop making them until I had used up the entire charm pack.  It hit me that I wanted to make a large quilt with these colorful blocks, so I had to go in search of more charm packs.  And find them I did...on sale...score !!!  Now I wait patiently for the mailman to bring me my delivery so I can continue work on this great project.
So I can't sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for those charm packs to arrive....so time to break out some owl fabric I have been saving and create a cushion cover.  I didn't follow any pattern, I just kind of winged it.  And I love the results.  It would make a great gift for a baby boy.  I have the fabric in shades of pink and plan to make a girl cushion too.  
 I promise to keep this blog updated on a more regular basis.  I will have some more projects to share with you soon.  If you look at the above cushion picture, you will see a sneak peek of the crib quilt I will be sharing with you all soon :-)  
Happy New Year everyone - have a great 2014 !




No comments:

Post a Comment