Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Stitching Kind of Morning

You know those kind of mornings when you wake up and all is peaceful and quiet with the world?  Before all the hectic noise of traffic leaving for work, the garbage man dumping the trashcans or the dogs in the neighborhood discovering they still have voices....those are the kinds of morning I just love.  Time to get up, slip something warm on my cold feet (Fall has arrived this week in sunny Southern California) and put on a pot of coffee.  I can sit quietly and concentrate on the sewing project at hand.

Well my passion right now is still embroidery so I have another hand-stitched project I am working on.  It's a little bird with a tea pot.


I am not sure what I plan to turn this into, but I am kind of leaning towards making it the focal point on an apron.  Or I could turn it into a placemat?  I've made so many cushions lately, that I feel I need to turn this into something else.  Anyone have any other brilliant suggestions for me on what I could make with it?  Leave me some comments, I would love to hear from you.  Here is a little preview of what I have completed on this project so far.  Not a whole lot, but it is coming together quite nicely.


Don't you love my pretty sewing tin in the background.  I had to have it when I saw it in Scotland.  I was in a quaint little coastal village called North Berwick, and there it was staring me in the face.  It came loaded with threads, scissors, needles, pins and more.  I have since taken all of that stuff out, and replaced it with my own sewing threads, scissors and needles that I am using on my hand sewing projects.  I love the old fashioned vintage look of the tin - it just makes me smile looking at it.

Well back to the normal boring stuff, like cleaning house and laundry - bah humbug!   I hope you all have a great day and I will be back soon with more sewing goodies to share :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment