Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my new sewing blog.  I have wanted to share my sewing projects with family and friends, and even strangers for quite a while now.  I love to quilt and sew.  So here we go with my first project. Well it is not my first sewing project, as I have been at it a few years lol, but it is my first project I am sharing with you all.

I have recently rediscovered the joy of embroidery.  I have embroidered quite a few different pictures over the past few weeks, and have decided to turn them into cushions.  My first one is a cute little duck, enhanced with 1930's fabrics.  I adore 1930's fabrics because they are so bright and vibrant and fun.  This is a 10 inch cushion, so it is little, but would make a great addition to a little one's nursery or bedroom.  I do eventually plan on starting my own Etsy shop.  I have a card shop but have never ventured into the Etsy sewing realm.  Sometimes I question whether I am good enough to sell what I make, but I guess I will never know unless I try.  So that is the plan for the near future - get that Etsy store up and running and see what the future brings.

Back to the little duck project.  As I said earlier, I have chosen 1930's fabrics to enhance my embroidery.  I ordered a line of fabric called "Chloe's Closet"by Moda,  and I am in love with it.  I only ordered a small 2 1/2 inch sample package of the line and wish I had ordered more. It's adorable.  It brightens up my little duck :-)

So without further adieu here's the little duckling.



The beautiful fabric line "Chloe's Closet" by Moda.  There were so many beautiful patterns and colors to choose from, I had a difficult time deciding which ones to pick.


I finally picked the colors I wanted and started adding them to the top and bottom of the embroidery.


And then it was time to add on the sides.



I then had to pick out some other fabric for a border to co-ordinate with Chloe's Closet.  I chose this pretty purple and white 1930's fabric.



How cute is this.  I love the way it turned out - the colors compliment the stitchery.


Another close-up shot



I hope you have enjoyed seeing my first project.  I have lots more ideas and creativity to share with you, so I hope you will add this blog to your favorites and come back and visit me often.  You just never know what you are going to find :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment